Happy first day of Spring & International Happiness Day, babes! 🍄😃🌷😀🌦😁🌻
Not only am I excited because life starts growing green🌱 again, but I’m also excited because many of you will be going into full-on Spring Fever mode!
C’est L’amour or C’est Spring?
Now, in looking up research about the correlation of Spring and our sexuality I found some really neat things and wanted to share them all! Basically, it’s all in the dopamine – and dopamine is like the natural cocaine for our brains! We just LOVE IT! And, when we’re feeling good, meeting good people and generally having a great time, dopamine produstion goes into high gear, which means helloooo Spring Fever!
So, here’s a bit of a springtime sex summary and Stay tuned weekly on #sexscimonday with @drcarlen for more specific info to come your way!
1. It takes 1/5 of a second for the euphoria-inducing neurotransmitters to react when you see someone you love or are attracted to. 😍
2. Most intercourse happens in the Spring & Summer (and most contraction of STIs) – watch Dr. Carlen Live on Thursday for more about this topic!🍆🍑
3. The little things make a difference in your relationship. Stopping to buy your partner flowers, or bring them a cup of tea are the most appreciated acts of kindness that translate into lasting happiness in your relationship the most. ☕️
4. Studies show that message sending when it comes to online dating increases by 34% in the Spring!🌦
5. Men’s semen quality & quantity goes down in the warmer months! A study found that quantity and concentration of sperm per ejaculation was significantly lower in the summer than in any other season because of the heat. 🔥
6. Menopause onset goes down during the Spring/Summer months, with its peak in the Winter.